Monday, June 29, 2009

Third Week

I have never met them, shook their hands, or even said hello face to face. But, they are the only people who had ever made an impact on my life: ever.


These people are members of a Korean boy-band called DBSK (Gods Rising from the East). They debuted in Korea, but are currently working in Japan as well. I can confidently say that say that I am a devoted fan and has been watching their transition from one country to another. It is from these movements that I am able to learn about their hard work and devotions for their dreams. It is these men that influences me into finalizing what my future life will be like. Thanks to them, I am no longer the old indecisive girl I used to be.


About a year after they debuted in Korea, they rose to the top of the chart. However, they wished to be a part of the Japanese music industry as well. So, they dropped all their fame in Korea and moved to Japan as complete beginners. They did not knew the language and were treated as foreigner, invisible to the audiences. For three years, tears were shed and pain were endured as they climbed emotional ladder of entertainers. There were times when they wanted to give up and go back to the place where they were appreciated and praised, but no, they were no cowards. They continued on this painful road and soon enough, they started to be recognized by the people. The award was their song being ranked as number one on the Oricon Daily Chart (the most famous and important music ranking in Japan).


Three years, it is a long period. To watch these boys trying so hard makes me want to work harder as well. I am planning to go out of state and even study abroad. These coming time, I will not have my family for me to run to when things get too hard. Remember these boys and how they had survived that three years will be the encouragement that will push me through the years to come. I too will shed tears and endured the pain that will be unbearable, but somehow, I will survive through it and succeed…just like DBSK.


Since I will be living somewhere far away, traveling will be another factor that will cause me problems in college. DBSK is an international name throughout Asia. These men often travel from country to country to interact with their fans. Since they are both artists of Korea and Japan, they would go back and forth between the two as if the distance is only a few blocks. It is no longer a surprise to see them alternate between the two countries four or five times a week. Airplanes are practically their third home. Sometimes, all these traveling even leads to their sickness, which, they would ignores for they have a performance to go to.


I do not something that important to do in the places that I will be in, but the traveling is still something I have to deal with. I will need to learn to adapt to the new environment and interact with new people. While DBSK does not have to worry about flying expenses, I will need to learn how to put aside a saving for that purpose. I need to learn to take care of myself between travels and adaptation and not let others worry about me like DBSK fans does. It is a small impact right now, this traveling deal, but I know it will be more important when my college life begins.


DBSK, I have never interacted or has any relation with them. Yet, they impacted my life more than the people who are dearest to me. When my family and friends are not by my side at college, I will at least have these boys as my guiding lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment