Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Second Week

When I heard that I had to stay on campus for a whole week I was so mad. I've never left home before and the fact that I needed permission to leave got to me a lot.

However, the week stay in was much more fun than I thought.

On the first day of the stay in, we went out to Ashland where there was this crazy obstacle course. I'm not an athletic girl: you'll most likely see me wear heels and skirt to a soccer game. But, I sometime participated in all the obstacles.

What it was was these mini activities that involves you to climb about 50 feet in the air: rock climbing, robe ladder, and an in the air obstacle. When I first looked at them, I was freaking out the most. However, when we started, I volunteered to go first just to get it over with. My motto at the moment was, " I'm gonna see God today." After I tried the activities out, it was not as bad as I thought it would be. It was a nerve wrecking to be so high up the the feeling of accomplishment overpowered the nervousness. The worse thing that came out of these obstacles was that I had to use a lot of arm strength so my arms were sore for days.

As for the stay in at the dorm, I started to not really mind not leaving campus. There were tons of activities prepared for us and it kept me busy. I started to got closer to the other students and finally remembering people's names. The feeling of "I probably won't really contact you after this" flew away and I just know for sure that we all will keep in contact. Actually, we are all friending eachother on facebook and those who doesn't have one even went through the trouble of making one!

The rule of needing parents' permission to leave campus was pretty much overlooked. It was still in affect, but at the same time, it was also easy to leave without it. As long as we asked one of the assistant who were in charge of watching us, the pretty much let us go. Since Wal-mart was down the street, some of us pretty much go there everyday.

The other activities we did were pretty fun as well. We got to play sand volleyball, basketball, had a movie night (we get to vote for the movie), icescream party (my friend and I bought cookies and baked them as an addition), went to the UNO's gym, etc. We had a choice to participate or not since some of us had to study for a test for had to leave for a good reason.

The only down part was that we stayed up late in the night to try to finish homeworks that we couldn't finished earlier in the day. This cause us all to be super tire the next day. Even though we tried not to stayed up late again, the cylcle just repeated itself.

Though the week stay in is not over yet, we only have two more days left. Wierd to imagine that I only two more days to spend with this people the whole entire day. We're not parting ways after this, but we wont be able to hangout as much as we do now. That makes me kind of sad and wish that this can be a bit longer or that we can do this for the last week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment